DATE: 14th December 2022
TO: All First and Second Year Students (2022/2023 AY)
SUBJECT: SECOND SEMESTER 2022/2023 ACADEMIC YEAR TIMELINES
The Second Semester of the 2022/2023 Academic Year will commence on Monday, 9th January 2023.
In preparation for the Second Semester examinations of the 2022/2023 Academic Year, students are hereby advised to take note and adhere to the listed Timelines:
- To complete Online Semester Registration (ERP) on or before Friday, 3rd February 2023 in line with Fee Payment Policy Clause 5.5 (d) The individual Student whose name will not be in class list of bonafide students will be deregistered from the Semester after the lapse of 20% class attendance rule” (20% Registration Rule).
- To complete Online Registration of courses for blended learning through Learning Management System (LMS/Moodle) Student account on or before Friday, 3rd February 2023, and attend classes as expected.Complete payment of Fees for the Second Semester 2022/2023 Academic Year in line with ‘Fees Payment Policy Clause 5.2 ‘including but not limited to the following:
- Students will pay all fees on the day of admission and/or registration.
- Students with financial challenges may be allowed to pay in two installments; 60% and above on admission or registration day and the balance of 40% be cleared by the 40th day after the beginning of the semester (Friday, 3rd March 2023 (40th Day Rule)).
- Confirm Registration for Examinations by Friday, 3rd March 2023 through individual student portal and print Examination Card. Students are required to complete an evaluation of courses he/she has registered for in the Semester before printing the Examination Card.
- Continuous Assessment Tests are scheduled to be administered as follows:
- First Continuous Assessment Test: between 30th January 2023 to 17th February 2023 (4th to 6th Week).
- Second Continuous Assessment Test: between 27th February 2023 to 17th March 2023 (8th to 10th week)
- Administration of First Semester Examinations will start on Monday, 17th April 2023 to Friday, 28th April 2023. A detailed examination timetable will be released in due course.
- All students are reminded to adhere to Covid-19 containment measures.
Signed: Dr. Wangare Gathuthi